This is my Mom’s recipe for her delicious marinara sauce. You can serve this over any kind of pasta. I really enjoy it over chickpea pasta or red lentil pasta. I hope you enjoy it!
- immersion blender
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in half, only use if you want to add sweetness to the sauce, remove before serving.
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Add water, garlic, and onion. Saute in a pot over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Stir and reduce to medium-low heat.
- Simmer for 1-1/2 hours stirring occasionally. Remove Carrot.
- If you like a smoother sauce, use an immersion blender to blend the sauce until smooth.