These potatoes are whole food plant-based and vegan. With the added legumes you will get a great dose of protein in the morning. If you do not like eating legumes in the morning, feel free to omit them from the recipe. It will still taste great!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time13 mins
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes, small
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian/flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach (washed)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Add onion, celery, peppers and vegetable stock to a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 min, until the vegetables, are light brown.
- Add the potatoes, parsley, and pepper (as desired).
- Stir. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Spinach and garbanzo beans.
- Stir, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 3 min until done. If you use a larger potato this might take longer. If potatoes start to stick to your skillet add a little more vegetable stock. Enjoy!
- This is great served with avocado toast!