This recipe is a vegan/whole food plant-based twist on chicken tenders with dipping sauce. Hope you enjoy it! Two of my kids even like this tofu!
When making this recipe, it’s easy to add a second baking sheet to the oven with vegetables to make a complete meal.
Smoky tofu tenders with tomato dipping sauce
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup yellow grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 425. To prepare tofu, press with a paper towel to get out excess water. Then slice into 1/4" thick rectangles.
- Mix together in small bowl paprika, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Place tofu on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Season both sides of the tofu with the paprika seasoning mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes total. Flip tofu after 10 min then set a timer for 5 more minutes.
- While tofu is baking, prepare sauce.
- In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients for the sauce.