Change up your morning oatmeal! Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and full of antioxidants. Add some peanuts or any other nut to the recipe to get some extra protein, fiber, and other nutrients.
Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal
Prep Time7 mins
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup crushed or chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp date sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- Prepare Oatmeal according to directions on the package.
- Add Peanuts, flaxseed, cinnamon, date sugar to a small bowl and mix.
- When oatmeal is finished top with coconut milk or almond milk.
- Top with peanut mixture and strawberries. Serve.