This oatmeal tastes just like banana bread. Bananas are a great addition to your morning breakfast. Bananas are something you should definitely eat on a whole food plant-based diet.
Health Benefits of bananas:
- Potassium – This can help to lower blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
- Vitamin B6 – B6 can promote brain health and help to prevent Alzheimer’s. It is also known to improve your mood and decrease depression.
- Vitamin C -Vitamin C is great for your immune system. Also because of the antioxidant properties, Vitamin C contains, it can help rejuvenate your skin.
Banana Bread Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (I use quick-cooking oats)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Cook Oatmeal according to the package.
- Top with cinnamon, flaxseed, bananas, walnuts, and raisins.