This is a great vegan, whole food plant-based recipe to use for a quick lunch. You can also make it ahead and have it for lunches for the week. I think this would also be great to take to a picnic or potluck. I use Israeli couscous in this recipe but I think it would taste great with any pasta.
Couscous salad with tomatoes and olives
- 2 cups prepared Israeli couscous
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp greek seasoning, I use Penzey's
- Fresh ground pepper if desired
- Cook couscous according to instructions on the package.
- While couscous is cooking, In a medium-sized bowl, mix together tomatoes, olives, onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, garlic, and seasoning.
- When couscous is finished cooking, allow to cool or put in strainer and run cold water over it.
- Add couscous to the bowl with the tomatoes mixture.
- Add the dressing and stir.
- Add some fresh ground pepper if desired.