Tofu on the grill is a very quick meal. The longest part of the recipe is the preparation, marinating the tofu. you can marinate it for as little as 15 minutes, but I think it tastes the best when marinated for an hour.
Tofu has many health benefits:
- good source of protein
- contains all nine essential elements
- contains magnesium
- contains copper and zinc
- may lower bad cholesterol
- contains phytoestrogens (isoflavones – chemicals found in plant foods) phytoestrogens take the same action as oestrogens that are produced by the body. They may even lower the risk of breast cancer by binding to breast cells.
- Maybe reduce the risk of heart disease
If you’ve never tried tofu, this is an easy recipe to start with. Try it today!!
Grilled Chili Lime Tofu
- Gas grill or indoor electric grill
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsbp chili lime seasoning or chili powder
- 1 package extra or super firm tofu
- Press water out of tofu.
- Add seasoning to all sides of the tofu, rub in.
- Mix together aminos/soy sauce and lime juice, pour over tofu.
- Marinate for at least 15 minutes up to 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove tofu from marinade and slice into 1/4 thick rectangles.
- Place tofu onto the grill.
- Grill for 6 minutes on each side.