5 Ingredient Whole Food Plant Based, No Oil! WFPBNO Gravy???? Yes, it exists and is delicious.
This is a great addition to any holiday meal. If you are making mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, you are going to want some gravy on those bad boys.
This mushroom gravy can also be used on many other plant foods besides potatoes. Put it on grilled tofu, cauliflower steaks or even rice.
The best part is, only 5 ingredients are needed for this recipe:
- Vegetable Stock, Low Sodium
- Portobella Mushroom Caps or 2 cups of other mushrooms
- Steak Seasoning (vegan, look on amazon)
- Liquid Aminos (I use Bragg) or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 2 Portobella Mushroom caps, sliced You can use any other mushrooms that you have, 2 cups, sliced.
- 1/2 Onion, Sliced
- 2 tbsp low sodium vegetable stock, for sauteeing
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- Add 2 tbsp vegetable stock, onions and mushrooms to a saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock, steak seasoning and aminos/soy sauce to the pan.
- Stir and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over tofu, mashed potatoes, cauliflower steaks or even rice!
Vegan Mashed Potatoes – Instant Pot
I make these in my instant pot, but If you don't have an instant pot you can make this on the stove top.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 mins
- Instant Pot
- 4 cups red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add potatoes, water, and garlic to the instant pot.
- Set pressure for 8 minutes.
- When 8 minutes up, do a quick release.
- Add coconut or almond milk and mash to desired consistency.
- Add parsley and salt and pepper if desired. Stir. Enjoy! My kids didn't even know they were "vegan."