My family and I got to go grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s yesterday. We were so excited. The closest Trader Joe’s is about 45 minutes from our house so we don’t get there often. I was happy to stumble upon a bagged shredded mix that is so wonderful!! Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch! This is a mix of shredded kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli, green cabbage, and red cabbage. I really wish I would have picked up a few more bags of this. There are so many whole food plant-based recipe ideas I can think of for this mixture.
I had some already cooked brown rice so I decided to make veggie fried rice for lunch. Yum! I could really eat this for lunch every day.
Fried Rice from a restaurant usually has eggs and is not vegan. This recipe is whole food plant-based, with no oil and vegan. I think it tastes even better than rice from a restaurant.
I use carrots, broccoli, garlic, shelled edamame, and Trader Joe’s Cruciferous mix. This recipe is so quick and easy to make, It ends up being about 2 servings, a little over a cup each. If you make this ahead you can eat it for two days during the week. I stick to a healthy diet when I can prepare healthy food ahead of time.
Please give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Veggie Fried Rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots,
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 2 cups Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch or any mix of shredded kale, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, you can even use a bagged coleslaw mix.
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsbp seasme seeds
- 1 cup precooked brown rice
- Heat wok or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add water and all veggies. Stir.
- Cook for about 5 min.
- Add aminos/soy sauce, brown rice, sesame seeds. Stir.
- Cook two minutes until rice is heated through.