Simple Stuffed Peppers
This is an easy southwestern style stuffed pepper recipe that is made for one person. You can easily double or triple the recipe for more than one person.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and cut in half
- shredded vegan cheese for topping if desired
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp prepared salsa ( use 3 if you like it saucier)
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeno (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the filling.
- Scoop ingredients into the pepper.
- Place into oven-safe baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with grated cheese if desired and bake for another 5 minutes.
This looks delicious! I will have to make it one day!