This chili is a whole food plant-based no oil. It has a low level of spicines. You can add more jalapenos if you would like it to be spicer. This can be made in an instant pot, slow cooker or on the stove top.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa use your favorite, I like to use salsa verde in this recipe
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup dry lentils or 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
Add all ingredients to the instant pot.
Set to soup setting for 15 minutes.
Do a quick release and serve.
Add all ingredients to a dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
Stir and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium low.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.