This delicious tofu can be made in the air fryer or in the oven. If you don’t have an air fryer I seriously suggest you buy one. I LOVE my air fryer. It’s a great way of getting things nice and crispy without using oil.
On a side note, when choosing an Air Fryer, be sure to check out the basket size. The Ninja Air fryer (4 quarts), that I have, has a smaller basket than some; but it’s perfect for my family of 5. If I was cooking in it for a party, I would have to do it in batches.
To coat this tofu and make a nice crispy breading, I use almond flour. My husband in on the keto diet, so this recipe supports his way of eating as well. You could substitute the almond four with whatever flour you have on hand. I like the flavor the almond flour gives the tofu, it’s also nice and light. Almond flour is really good for you! It contains:
- Air Fryer or Oven
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Slice tofu into 1/4" slices, then cut each rectangle into 4 smaller rectangles.
- Marinate tofu in aminos or soy sauce for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, sesame seeds, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add the tofu to flour mixture and stir lightly until coated.
- Add tofu to air fryer basket. Cook at 375F for 20 minutes.
- If baking in the oven, bake for 20 minutes at 425F on parchment-lined baking sheet. Flip once halfway though.