If you are a fan of spinach and artichoke dip, you will love this tasty pasta dish. This dish is vegan, whole food plant based, no oil. It can be made in less than 30 minutes, a great weeknight meal.
Spinach is a great dark leafy super food to add to your diet. Spinach contains:
- vitamin A
Spinach & Artichoke Pasta
- 1 8 oz box of pasta I like to use chickpea pasta
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1 12 oz jar artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk/soy milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegan sour cream I like the Dairy Free Co. brand of vegan sour cream. It's made out of cashews.
- salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add frozen spinach. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally to thaw.
- Once the spinach is thawed add artichokes, garlic, onion powder, crushed red pepper, vegetable stock, and parsley.
- Stir and bring to simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add almond or soy milk and nutritional yeast; stir. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl mix together cornstarch/flour and water. Add to the saute pan and stir.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 10 more minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream, salt, and pepper if desired. Stir.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pour over cooked pasta and serve.