These potatoes are whole food plant-based and vegan. With the added legumes you will get a great dose of protein in the morning. If you do not like eating legumes in the morning, feel free to omit them from the recipe. It will still taste great!
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes, small
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian/flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach (washed)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Add onion, celery, peppers and vegetable stock to a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 min, until the vegetables, are light brown.
- Add the potatoes, parsley, and pepper (as desired).
- Stir. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Spinach and garbanzo beans.
- Stir, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 3 min until done. If you use a larger potato this might take longer. If potatoes start to stick to your skillet add a little more vegetable stock. Enjoy!
- This is great served with avocado toast!