Grilling is pretty easy to do. I love grilling because I can cook meat for my family easily and make tofu for me at the same time. Don’t be afraid of tofu. If you cook it the right way it’s delicious and takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with.
Tofu is a great source of protein, calcium, magnesium, and iron. For this recipe, I decided to marinate the tofu in gluten-free low sodium tamari and garlic chili sauce. I also used a small amount of sesame oil. I am eating a whole food plant-based most of the time, but I still use a minimal amount of oil. Please feel free to eliminate it from the recipe or use the replacement that I indicate. It was delicious and spicy. If you don’t like spicy dishes add less garlic chili sauce.
If you don’t have an outdoor gas grill available you can use an indoor electric grill; or even use a grill pan on your stovetop. This is great served with brown rice and some stir-fried vegetables.
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp gluten-free low sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil (if eliminating oils, use 1 tsp sesame seeds instead)
- Press tofu with a towel to get out the excess water.
- Slice tofu into 1/4" rectangles.
- Mix together tamari, garlic chili sauce, and sesame.
- Place tofu in a shallow dish and add tamari mixture. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill tofu over medium high heat on a gas grill or indoor grill/grill pan.
- Grill 6 minutes on each side.