One of my favorite things used to be deep-fried mushrooms. Now I found a way to get that same great taste without the grease of deep frying. I’m going to share my recipe with you for a whole food plant-based air-fried mushroom. With the air fryer, no oil is needed for this recipe. This provides a much healthier way to consume this comfort food.
Mushrooms are a superfood and contain so many important nutrients. They contain selenium, potassium, copper, and B vitamins. Mushrooms are also known to help with inflammation.
I like to use almond flour as my breading to add some extra protein to the meal. You could use whole wheat flour or even coconut flour with these recipes.
Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms
- air fryer
- 2 cups (2) cups mushrooms, washed, dried, cut in half or quarters depending on size
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp Bragg liquid aminos
- 1 cup almond flour (you can substitute coconut flour or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (good source of vitamin B12)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Mix coconut milk in a bowl with the aminos.
- Add mushrooms to the bowl and let sit for about ten minutes, stirring often so all mushrooms are covered with the liquid.
- In another bowl mix together almond flour, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Take mushroom out of reserved liquid a few at a time and dip in the flour mixture.
- Once all mushrooms are coated with the flour, add to your air fryer basket.
- Set Air fryer to 390 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Shake basket around 10 min.
Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp bragg lquid aminos
- 1 tsp tahini
- Mix together chili garlic sauce, aminos, and tahini.